Friday, December 21, 2007

Birthday 2007

Last Friday was my birthday so I took a few days off work in order to fully celebrate. Bill and I went out to a movie and lunch. We saw "Enchanted" and I just loved it. Of couse, I'm a big fan of Disney so this was right up my alley. Then it was off to lunch at Applebee's where I stuffed myself 'til I was almost sick.
While up north, we went to visit my in-laws and see how Nana was doing with her recovery. She had surgery on her neck to fix a disk. So far she is recovering well, but there is still a long way to go. I got a few gifts from the family and we had cake.
Saturday, Bill had a surprise planned for me. He had made reservations for us to go on a boat cruise on the Great Salt Lake. It was quite an experience to be on a boat with snow on all sides (and on the boat too!). My parents came with us and my mom got a few good shots. I'll have to post some when I get a chance to use her computer this weekend.
After the cruise, we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I had been looking forward to it ever since I heard that there was going to be one built in Utah. Sadly, it was a bit of a let down. After an hour and a half wait, the food was ok and the cheesecake was frozen! Not to mention, I was sick for the rest of the night.
I woke up around 2 am sick as can be and wasn't able to eat more than crackers and apple juice all day Sunday. Apparently I knew that I would be getting sick and had taken all that time off of work in order to accomidate being sick. What a waste of good annual time! Thankfully I was feeling better by Tuesday and was able to attend "A Christmas Carol" at Hale Centre Theatre with the Young Women.

No comments: