Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holidays

The holidays are coming and going faster than I can keep up. Halloween was fun. I bought Zoey a princess costume and had Bill bring her to work for "Trick or Treat" with the other kids. June was even prepared with a dog treat for Zoey. Apparently our picky little pug liked the Pup-peronis, which is odd, since she is very picky when it comes to dog food or treats. Of course, after we found this out, we had to run out and buy her a whole package! I believe she thinks they are beef jerky, because that is what they smell like. We also went to the Ward Trunk or Treat, at which Zoey was mad that we would not let her out of the car to play with all the kids! She wore her birthday present from my mom, which was a bomber/flight jacket, to keep warm. On Halloween, we went to Bill's parents' house and I went trick or treating with Phebe and Nana. It is fun being on the adult side of this tradition now and seeing the excitement of getting candy. Phebe thought it was really cool.

Thanksgiving was a big to-do this year. Bill and I couldn't get people to compromise too much, so we ended up at two Thanksgiving dinners in one day! First, we had dinner (lunch) at my mom's house with my grandparents and a few of my relatives. Then, we drove to my in-laws and had dinner and pie there. It was a lot of food, but I do believe we made it work alright. Next year we are definitely implementing a one dinner rule and will have to alternate years with each family. Hopefully....

The day after Thanksgiving, better known as "Black Friday," I was planning on staying home in my nice warm bed and avoiding the stores, but my dad changed those plans for me. He wanted Kacie to go to Sears when they opened to get something he wanted to pick up for my mom for Christmas. Low and behold, he has to work until 9am and wouldn't be able to make it to a 5am opening. (convenient....) Anyway, Kacie didn't want to go by herself, so I volunteered to accompany her to Sears and brave the cold for half an hour to purchase one item. The line to get in wasn't so bad, but the check out was atrocious! It took 5 minutes to find the item, then an hour to buy the darn thing! For all our hard work, my dad treated us to breakfast at McDonald's (without his knowledge, since we had his debit card anyway) and then it was back to bed for a few hours.

I did all my Christmas shopping this year online so now I can't wait for Christmas to get here! Bill already gave me my birthday present (a month early) to play with, so that has occupied a little bit of my time. It is Guitar Hero II for PS2. It is so fun! I have already beat the Easy and Medium levels, but the Hard level is kicking my butt, so far. Hopefully the next three and a half weeks will fly by!

Lastly, I have been doing a lot of indexing for Family Search these days. I really shouldn't as it is so addicting and I lose track of time doing the data entry. At least it is for a good cause!

'Till next time!

No comments: